Join your friends and neighbors for free and inexpensive outdoor experiences on Thursday evenings throughout the summer in Capitol Riverfront. Proceeds from all events will be contributed to local charitable and community-driven organizations.
Movies on the Pitch:
The Capitol Riverfront BID has partnered with Audi Field to bring goal-winning outdoor movies right to the soccer stadium pitch. This free series will invite attendees to sit on the grass at Audi Field to watch family-friendly blockbusters on the jumbotron. Check out the line up below and click here to order tickets.
- June 30: Sing 2
- July 28: A Quiet Place 2
- August 25: In The Heights
- RESCHEDULED September 8 : Spider-Man: No Way Home
Neighborhood Walking Tours:
Have your questions about Capitol Riverfront answered and mingle with neighbors on these monthly walking tours led by knowledgeable BID employees. Each hour-long tour will offer unique perspectives on different aspects of the neighborhood and will end at a local spot for happy hour with a complimentary beverage for each attendee.
- June 9: What's New in Development on Half Street and North of M Street
- July 7: Architecture and Design
- August 11: Public Art and Placemaking
The Capitol Riverfront BID has teamed up with Jeff Miller, the DC Cycling Concierge to explore the expansive network of bike trails and lanes here in our backyard. All three tours will start and end in Yards Park, and are casual and all-inclusive with multiple stops. We recommend bringing your own bike. No bicycle? No problem. We do have a few bicycles available (while supplies last), which must be reserved in advance.
- Thursday, June 16: Exploring Frederick Douglass & Historic Military Sites in DC (6 miles, 2.5 - 3 hours)
- Thursday, July 14: Rising Tides of DC: Exploring DC’s Geographic History & Climate Change (8 miles, 3 hours)
- Thursday, September 1: DC Wilderness & Battle of Bladensburg (20 miles, 3 hours)
Anacostia Riverkeeper Boat Tour:
Explore the Anacostia River with Anacostia Riverkeeper on June 23 and August 4. On this 45-minute tour, you will learn about the history, environmental preservation efforts, and biodiversity of one of Capitol Riverfront's most treasured hidden gems.
Community Kayak Nights:
The Capitol Riverfront BID has partnered with Ballpark Boathouse to offer community kayak nights on July 21 and August 18. Enjoy an hour of paddling on the Anacostia River at a discounted rate with friends and neighbors.